Seeing as I published a conscious gift guide for her last week, it’s only fair that I share gift suggestions for the men in your life, too! Christmas is less than two weeks away, so here are some last-minute gift ideas that he’s sure to love.
As with my women’s gift guide, many gifts listed here fall under the environmentally-conscious label. However, I also included gifts that I feel are “conscious” simply because they will be used again and again, not thrown away within the year.
- PACT Organic loungewear: Yes, PACT also does men’s clothing! Eric has a few pieces from this store and loves how soft the organic cotton is.
- Gift card to a favorite restaurant: A zero-waste option that almost everyone would enjoy! Especially if it’s to a restaurant that serves his favorite kind of cuisine. A few of our favorite allergy-friendly Twin Cities restaurants: Good Earth, Agra Culture, French Meadow Bakery & Café, and Pizza Lucé.
- Tickets to a sports game, concert, or class: For people you know well, consider giving them an opportunity as opposed to a physical gift!
- A luxurious bathrobe: Because who doesn’t love relaxing on a chilly weekend morning in a snuggly robe?!
- A high-quality jacket, sweater, or flannel shirt: Eric is quite minimalist when it comes to his wardrobe, but he’s constantly wearing out classic pieces like these (and thus in need of new ones). North Face and Eddie Bauer both have really solid pieces at a good price!
- A wood-burning camp stove: I saw this on Instagram earlier this year and thought it was SO cool. The rechargeable battery lasts for 30 hours of cooking time (more than a dozen fuel canisters). All you need to do is add twigs to get the fire burning! Perfect for pyromaniacs like my fiancé… 😛
- A camping knife or hatchet: Another great option for an outdoorsy guy who loves to camp or backpack. REI is our go-to for high-quality camping supplies.
- Homemade treats: A great zero-waste option that’s inexpensive but thoughtful. Peppermint bark (Eric’s favorite), fudge, cookies, quick breads—there are so many options! I also love making jarred mixes with the baking instructions included.
- Fun books: In the past couple years, Eric has enjoyed The Martian, The Circle (although he says, don’t bother if you’ve already seen the movies!), and 2312. He’s a sci-fi fan, obviously!
Of course, both men and women would enjoy many of these gifts. However, I do often have more trouble thinking of gift ideas for the men in my life—hence the appearance of many “suitable for everyone” gifts on this list!
What would you add to this list? Are you finished with your Christmas shopping for this year? We have a few people left to shop for. But, we’re not celebrating with my family until New Years—so we have some extra time 🙂